Exhibition: Ardill House - 100 Years
Ardill House in North Strathfield is celebrating its 100th anniversary of providing services for children in our community.
In 1918 F. K. Oliver bought the house and land at Clermont and Davidson Avenues and donated it to the Society for Providing Homes for Neglected Children. Ardill House was named in honour of the founder of the society, George Edward Ardill, who established the charity in 1887.
Ardill House was operated by the charity as a children’s home until the 1960s. Today, the property offers tenancy for a range of organisation whose central aim is caring for children.
The exhibition can be viewed at Concord Library, during library opening hours.